Contrary to popular belief, Mexico is fairly safe, modern and a great place to go. Here are some tips to make your time there easier.
- Flying from Tijuana may take more time than worth the hassle.
- Getting around Mexico by car, watch out for topas (speed bumps) as they are never marked.
- Cops will generally not bother you unless you are going far too fast, which rarely happens because of topes.
- Mexico City cab to airport about 150 pesos standard fare. International departure gates are on second level.
- Flying to Costa Rica on a one way ticket, buy a bus ticket to Panama before arriving at the airport.
- Metro stops running at midnight and cabs become pricy afterwards.
- Rush hour on metro in center of the city is recommended to be avoided, trains get packed to capacity and leaving the train far from the door may be impossible.