On November 19th, 2017, America took many steps back. It accelerated that pace on January 20th. We have a long way to get back and a long way to get to equality.
The goals of a Civilized America are the following:
- All people have equal rights.
- All people are respected.
- All people get due process.
- All people have equal minimum opportunity.
- All people are treated humanely.
- All people have a right to clean environment.
- All people can compete on an equal field economically.
- All people have an equal voice in government.
- Government and business conducts ethically.
- Morality is not confused for theology.
- Facts are respected and understood to not be perfect but evolving with understanding.
- Science is understood to be based on facts and changes as better facts are seen.
Currently, we are far from reaching this list and so in this post, I will post how we are doing. The wins and losses. This is the road to a Civilized America.
January 30th, 2017.
+Gerrymandering Takes a Blow, people get a bit better representation
+Sally Yates stands up to Trump’s anti-religious, anti-ethnic ban on emigration.